This position provides customers with fast, friendly, accurate and safe service; greets and engages customers during the checkout process; handles customer funds accurately and appropriately, while promoting new products and explaining additional CTL services; processes checkout and/or return transactions; proactively seek product knowledge to provide customers with information and identify selling opportunities. Follows all policies and procedures to ensure that shrink is minimized. Seeks support from Floor Supervisor/Store Manager to expedite price checks, approve Shrinkage and Point of Sale transactions and markdowns for mainline registers; payments for special services including tool rental.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: This position reports to the Store Manager and has no supervisory responsibility.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Greets and engages customers in a friendly and enthusiastic manner. Invites customers into your lane.
- Follows the standard checkout process to ensure fast checkout.
- Uses current Point-of-Sale system (EPICOR) to accurately complete customer transactions following all policies, including those requiring checking for identification requirements.
- Accurately processes checks, credit cards, travelers’ checks, etc.
- Give customers your full attention during the transactions.
- Provides customers with a quick, efficient and accurate check-out experience
- Ensures customers receive courteous service and respond to all inquiries.
- Thank each customer by saying “Thank you for shopping with Clarence Thomas Ltd/CTL”.
- Maintains CTL brand standards at the front end area and sales floor.
- Provides quality customer experience for every customer and promote CTL Loyalty Program.
- Responds and handles customer issues by using good judgment and logic in solving problems and making decisions within the job scope. Notifies the Store Manager if the problem cannot be resolved.
- Assists with asset protection in following all CTL procedures and policies, including: checking inside products, checking for price switches, remove and retain security devices.
- Re-stocks items efficiently and ensures that pricing labels are placed accurately.
- Maintains a clean workspace; assists in other areas of the store when business needs dictate.
- When assigned to last shift, ensures that the credit card machines are closed off with the printed credit card settlement slips.
- When assigned to first shift, ensures that the credit card machines are closed off. If they are not closed off, prints the credit card settlement slips and submits to the office.
- Assists customers with Sales on Store floor when required.
- Monitor all entrances and exits, request proof of payment when necessary.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned and directed by Senior Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of Customer Service standards.
- Knowledge of the EPICOR system for cashiering.
- Knowledge of cash handling policies and procedures.
- Handles dissatisfied customers or customer complaints effectively; defuses negative situations as appropriate; show diplomacy; guides customers toward positive resolution; conveys a sense of competence and effectiveness to our customers.
- Ability to quickly and accurately process transactions; minimizes voids/clearance actions, minimizes quantity key usage, and maximizes scanner usage.
- Ability to accurately process returns and exchange transactions.
- Knowledge of all associated paperwork for Cashier report.
- Essential Reading and Comprehension skills.Ability to read documents, printouts, reports, computer screens and other written communication.
- Ability to deliver exceptional Customer Service and exceed customer‘s expectations.
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and respectful manner to our customers.
- Interpersonal skills with ability to work with team members.
- Ability to consistently maintain a positive attitude.
- Knowledge of workplace mathematics and ability to check cash accurately.
- Ability to pay attention to detail especially on written checks.
- Ability to identify and accurately post credit invoices.
- Knowledge of CTL’s products and services.
- Problem-solving skills for resolving customer invoice or monetary-related issues.
- Ability to hear well-enough to communicate with customers and team members.
- Ability to stand and/or walk to assist customers on the Sales floor.
- Ability to stock product at various racking levels on shelving using a step-stool or ladder, etc.
- Ability to use the phone system and answer phones professionally.
- Ability to work with your team cohesively.
- Must be a citizen or legally permitted to work in the British Virgin Islands
- High School Diploma
- Associate’s Degree in Business related field.
- Minimum of two years Retail Sales Experience
- Minimum of two years Customer Service Experience
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in the Cashier position.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties. You may be required to lift/handle/carry items or equipment of moderate weight (8-50 pounds). You are required the ability to move around the store, assist customers, and maneuver merchandise when necessary.