This position assists customers in the Lumber Yard Department; responsibility includes receiving inventory, controlling inventory, client distribution and transportation for planned shipments. He/She will ensure the safe storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of lumber products and other hardware items; responsible for the security of all lumber, hardware stock and the building; and follows all safety rules in the department.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: This position reports directly to the Supervisor – Lumber Yard and has no supervisory responsibility.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Perform tasks as instructed by Head of Department – Lumber Yard operations.
- Responsible for customer service delivery in accordance with CTL standards.
- Ensures that merchandise is received and stored securely.
- Assists with the proper handling of company transfers of inventory.
- Assists with the implementation of a preventive maintenance program for forklifts and other relevant company vehicles.
- Ability to operate a Forklift in compliance with the safety guidelines.
- Assists with all inventory activities which include auditing and reporting all inventory transactions to the Head of Department – Lumber Yard.
- Responsible for investigating stock discrepancies and report results to Head of Department – Lumber Yard.
- Liaises with other team members in the Lumber department through effective communication.
- Ensures that he/she is within regulatory compliance.
- Ensures he/she is safely attired and maintains safe operation of all company equipment.
- Attends assigned Staff meetings and scheduled training sessions.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned and directed by your Supervisor and/or Senior Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of all types of Lumber products and hardware items.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills.
- Knowledge of computerized inventory and tracking system (EPICOR)
- Ability to communicate effectively with other department heads.
- Knowledge of equipment safety standards.
- Knowledge of Forklift operation.
- Ability to operate a personal computer.
- Basic construction skills.
- Ability to operate hand tools and mechanical equipment.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and pay attention to details.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
- Must be a citizen or legally permitted to work in the British Virgin Islands.
- High School Diploma
- Must have a valid BVI Driver’s License
- Must be able to use material handling equipment
- Must be flexible to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Minimum of two years in Retail Warehouse & Lumber Yard Operations.
- Certified Forklift Operator.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with warehouse inventory control and cycle counting.
- Minimum of one year work experience in the area of Customer Service.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Physical ability to move large, bulky and/or heavy merchandise, and to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, stooping, climbing, lifting/handling material or equipment and other activities necessary to perform job duties.